Well, I finally decided to keep track of the things I experience as a mom of a 3 year old, and a baby under 1 year. I used to journal alot, but with a toddler, then moving out of our town home, into my parents home until we closed on our house in June etc....Well, somewhere in the midst of it all my journaling abilities fell short. I decided to make it more fun, so maybe I will remind myself to do it more. I decided to create my first ever pregnancy blog, which is now just a blog where I can blog about being a mommy from being pregnant, to the issues we had with Joslyns first few weeks in this world, to just being a mommy with two beautiful girls! I hope you enjoy! Chelsie

28weeks all over again...stink

>> Saturday, June 5, 2010

Well, this may be too much information (TMI) for a blog but its mine, and you are free to stop reading at will.

So, I had my doctors appointment on the 3rd. I was according to my LMP ( last menstrual period) 29weeks and 4 days pregnant. The average amount days between the 1st day of your period and your ovulation day, is 14. I KNOW when I ovulated, because I always feel campy when I do ovulate. (strange fact no one should need to know) I know when or within the few days of when I got pregnant...OK so there's that.

Rewind way back to being 15 wks and some days preg. I had a doctors appointment my '16week' checkup/ultrasound. The ultrasound tech was taking measurements and said I was measuring more around 13.5wks, and instructed me to let my doctor know to change my due date. This has never happened so I was slightly alarmed and possibly a bit worried maybe something was wrong with our babies growth if she was measuring small...So I told my doctor, and she said laughing..."Who was your ultrasound tech??" I said -"um I think his name was Brian?" Doc: " Ahh yes, he doesn't know what he's talking about, ignore him, he shouldn't have even said anything. We are not going to change your due date from the 15th because you are measuring within 2 weeks of what you should be, if it was over 2 weeks we would consider changing it, but its not so don't even worry about it." ...

Alright, sooo I went on and then at my big anatomy scan measured about a week smaller then I was supposed to be, and so I brought it up to my doctor after the ultrasound and let her know, and she again laughed and explained there was no need to change my date. . . OK. No biggy, so my due date was still the 15th of August.

Well, two weeks ago I had my appointment and we tried to set or schedule my c-section date, and talked about doing it the 6th of August because doing it on a Thursday or Friday would work best for us, and I felt more so safe scheduling it at 38wks 4-5days then 39weeks 4-5days. I DID NOT WANT TO GO INTO LABOR BEFORE MY SCHEDULED C-SECTION.
She explained politely that it would not work because she would be gone. so she said possibly the 9th, which is a Monday, not something we wanted to really go for...so she said well how about you schedule an appointment 2weeks from now, and 4weeks from now (booking ahead) and at your next appointment 2wks from now we can schedule. Agreed.

SO I went in on the 3rd of June for my appointment being 29weeks 4days pregnant. She measured my stomach (as usual) and said your measuring right on track at 29cm. and then typed into her computer 28weeks. Zack and I looked at each other with some confusion, so I said, "um Eloise, I think I'm nearly 29weeks and some days aren't I?"

She chuckled and took our her wheel thing to date my LMP and said according to your LMP your due date is the 15th but since you measured small at your 16week appointment which is the most important or getting accurate measurements you are 28weeks along. She checked the computer and saw she had the 15th as my due date as well...and switched it to the 23rd!!! ugh. Then we scheduled my c-section for the 16th! She explained why my due date was the 23rd instead of the 15th and basically said that I was on a cusp? of dating accurately, and that she was going to go by my measurements at 15wks . . . very confusing for me. All her reasons for not switching my due date before suddenly were her reasons for switching it! I was so upset, still slightly am.

I'm seriously upset about this, and am planning on bringing it up again my next appointment. She has been doctoring me this entire time as if my due date was the 15th until the 3rd of June when she suddenly switched it! Now I will be having a c-section one day AFTER my due date calculated by the sure fire (LMP) NOT HAPPY.

I was just getting really really excited thinking I only had 9weeks left until I would hold my daughter in my arms, and now I'm going backwards! I guess if I could I would switch doctors or get at least a second opinion, if talking to her about this doesn't do anything. I my due date is really the 23rd then I would like to schedule my c-section for the 12th of August rather then the 16th.


Anyway, this was mostly just a vent. Its been a couple days since the appointment and I have cooled off, but every time I think about it I just get upset. I am already so uncomfortable, I cant imagine possibly going 2 or more weeks longer then maybe even necessary all because I am maybe having a small baby. :( . . . anyways there it is. My complaints.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP