Well, I finally decided to keep track of the things I experience as a mom of a 3 year old, and a baby under 1 year. I used to journal alot, but with a toddler, then moving out of our town home, into my parents home until we closed on our house in June etc....Well, somewhere in the midst of it all my journaling abilities fell short. I decided to make it more fun, so maybe I will remind myself to do it more. I decided to create my first ever pregnancy blog, which is now just a blog where I can blog about being a mommy from being pregnant, to the issues we had with Joslyns first few weeks in this world, to just being a mommy with two beautiful girls! I hope you enjoy! Chelsie

Bed Time Wars with Kylyn

>> Friday, June 25, 2010

Well since before the beginning of April 2010 our daughter has been sleeing in the same room as Zack and I. First at our townhome because we packed away her room and moved hr bed into ours, so we could empty out other rooms and just leave our bedroom and the upstairs bathroom in working, living order. Then when we moved out and into my parents we all slept in my old bedroom. We had to have her sleep in our room when we first moved into our house a few weeks ago as well because we didnt have her bed, matress, or her room done. Now that her room is painted and almost completed, bed in place, etc we have been trying to get her back into the habit of sleeping in her own bed. ugh its hard. Zack and I are just so exhausted by bed time we dont have too much patience to sit for hours with her crying until she decides to sleep in her bed.

Last night Zack and I cracked down and succeeded. We just decided to put her to bed, go through our routine, and put her to bed in HER bedroom. We left her door open and her nightlight on, so it wasn't dark in her room in the slightest bit. she came out of her room right away. Zack and I just went to bed and ignored her cries to sleep in our bed. After 20min of throwing herself on the floor wailing, kicking and screaming...she finally just gave up went to her room got in bed and went to sleep. It worked perfectly. We plan to do it that way now every night. You would think that after a few nights of it she would learn that regaurdless of her kicking, screaming, and fit throwing that she is not sleeping in our room anymore.

Lets just hope it goes that way or else its going to be really interesting when we have the baby in the bassinett in our room. I'm sure she'll be waking up crying every few hours to be fed and if kylyn is wanting to sleep in the bed with us, and Zacks getting up at 5am every morning when he works at 6. ...we are going to NEVER AGAIN SLEEP!

Pray this all works out!!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP