Well, I finally decided to keep track of the things I experience as a mom of a 3 year old, and a baby under 1 year. I used to journal alot, but with a toddler, then moving out of our town home, into my parents home until we closed on our house in June etc....Well, somewhere in the midst of it all my journaling abilities fell short. I decided to make it more fun, so maybe I will remind myself to do it more. I decided to create my first ever pregnancy blog, which is now just a blog where I can blog about being a mommy from being pregnant, to the issues we had with Joslyns first few weeks in this world, to just being a mommy with two beautiful girls! I hope you enjoy! Chelsie

33 Weeks 1 day - bedrest for a reason?...or no reason?...hmm

>> Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Well, after waking up WAY too early after getting very little sleep, getting in the car without eating a thing, and getting to my regular doctors appointment on time at 8am. I figured the day could only get better from here...That was totally wrong. An appointment in which I was to get a quick internal ultrasound to check cervical length, abdominal ultrasound to check babys position, my weight charted, along with my blood preasure,and then to just have my tummy measured quick...maybe a few minute conversatoin...it should have totalled 45-60min. Instead, everything went according to plan until I got to my doctor appointment. Everything looked wonderful, and she decided just for the fun of it to pop me on the monitor to see if I was having contractions or anything...my cervix was dialated to a 1cm but hasnt changed in 2weeks. I expected it might happen, but new it would be a on and off thing. I'm suposed to be on the machine for 20min. Well I was on for a total of about 6-10min. My doctor came in, and sent me right over to L&D. She said I was contracting every 3min. She put me on bed rest, gave me a painful steriod shot in my right butt cheek, pumped 2000mL of IV fluids in me, took a cathitor urin sample, put me on the monitor at the hospital, and then took some blood test.

I was there an hour with not one contraction, but I peed 4-5times. . . We missed our appointment to see the potencial new pet. My mom was slightly upset because this is the 2nd time I have gone into the clinic leaving Kylyn with her, and ended up being in L&D for hours causing her day to be completely rearranged. Finally after over 2 hours of laying in bed watching TV, peeing every 5-10min, and haveing zero contractions....I asked my nurse if I could go home. She called my doctor who said I could but had to be on bedrest. ... I basically can lay in bed, sleep, lay on my side, watch TV in bed or laying on the cough, go to the bathroom, shower or take a bath, NOT lift anything over 3-5lbs, drive, and walk only when needed. . .

Seriously? I was put on bedrest for no reason. Dumb. Well, I have too much to do, and get done to do nothing. A highschool friend came over and helped Zack and I paint all the doors and door frames, floor boards, and heating registers in our kitchen. I had 2 braxton hicks total. No problem.

I know I am on bedrest, but I KNOW when I'm having labor contractions...real contractions, I know when Im having a braxton hicks contraction, and I know when I'm not having any contractions of any kind...I know when I need to sit down, lay down, eat, pee, or just take a quick breather. IF something was up I would not hesitate to call my doctor. I trust myself, and my body. So since I left the hospital with a sore butt, a bandaid on my arm from my IV, and some hospital slippers, I went to hugos...yes I walked, and I filled a 1gallon jug of water...then carried it. We were in such a rush to get home and get all the things we needed to get done that day, we forgot to buy toilet paper, shampoo & conditionar, baby shampoo for Kylyn and some other items I cant recall. We got home painted, cleaned, and finally at around 11:30pm I made up a nice foot bath. awww it felt so wonderful. that was one exhausting, pointless day, BUT regaurdless I got ALOT done. Nothing happend. :)

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP