Well, I finally decided to keep track of the things I experience as a mom of a 3 year old, and a baby under 1 year. I used to journal alot, but with a toddler, then moving out of our town home, into my parents home until we closed on our house in June etc....Well, somewhere in the midst of it all my journaling abilities fell short. I decided to make it more fun, so maybe I will remind myself to do it more. I decided to create my first ever pregnancy blog, which is now just a blog where I can blog about being a mommy from being pregnant, to the issues we had with Joslyns first few weeks in this world, to just being a mommy with two beautiful girls! I hope you enjoy! Chelsie

Back to Fargo Tomorrow

>> Friday, August 13, 2010

Tomorrow morning we head back to Fargo. Zack got his car looked at but we decided not to get it fixed. The issue is the cars security system . . . after the car is shut off; it will not turn over and start for 10minutes. To get it fixed it will cost anywhere from $400 and up.

The issue could just be the key being slightly worn, so we are using the spare key, and so far so good. Lets hope that’s what it is, so we don’t have any trouble once we leave.

We called the NICU tonight and got a update on Joslyn. She is still continuing to do well. The doctor we really like is going to be there all weekend so we are happy. At 7pm he called to let us know she was getting her umbilical line out, and was upped on her feedings to 17ml of breast milk every 3 hours. She is handling them well, so maybe even tomorrow we can try for the first time breastfeeding! I am very excited because this means I will possibly be holding my daughter for the first time in our lives. She was a week old Thursday, so it’s kind of a big deal! She was 23 on oxygen earlier, but then bumped back up to 29 or so…as of tonight at 12am she was back down to 24. She is not on CPAP anymore, but on something else…I can’t think of what its called, nasal something…either way its better then CPAP, so it’s still good news.

The doctor said she will be in a open crib hopefully by the end of next week, and once we get her feedings down and she is gaining adequate weight we can take her home!! We are guessing we will be home with our baby girl sometime between the 20th and the 31st.

We are so excited, but the time she will be there is making things difficult especially in the area of finances. Zack needs to work, and I need to be in Fargo, we have Kylyn, which we would like to have with us as much as possible. We found out today Zack’s employer does not offer paternity leave, so he has to work things out with his manager. We are hoping this wont become an issue and Zack can get the time off we need. We are hoping to be home again maybe even as soon as Sunday so he can work a couple days putting in 12hr shifts. During this time they will have to bottle feed Joslyn using my stored milk. It’s going to be rough, but I think we can make things work. We know the Lord will provide for us, and has a plan in everything. We are trying to just stay open minded, and allow for some flexibility.

We are at such a deep peace with how things are going. Zack and I have come to understand that worry does no good. It wont make us feel better, it wont make Joslyn better, it wont make things go the way we hope they would…Worry is in fact something we as Christians are not supposed to do. Zack and I have given the situation and everything that comes with it to the Lord, knowing and taking peace that before we were even aware Joslyn existed, the Lord knew all about her, about her life, her future. We know He is in control, and in everything that happens we can only give Him praise.

Thank you for all your prayers! It means so much to Zack and I to have such a army of prayer warriors standing with us. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for remembering our family in your thoughts and prayers.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP