Well, I finally decided to keep track of the things I experience as a mom of a 3 year old, and a baby under 1 year. I used to journal alot, but with a toddler, then moving out of our town home, into my parents home until we closed on our house in June etc....Well, somewhere in the midst of it all my journaling abilities fell short. I decided to make it more fun, so maybe I will remind myself to do it more. I decided to create my first ever pregnancy blog, which is now just a blog where I can blog about being a mommy from being pregnant, to the issues we had with Joslyns first few weeks in this world, to just being a mommy with two beautiful girls! I hope you enjoy! Chelsie

Update On Joslyn 12/10

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010

We made it home safe and sound, but not without car issues! Zack’s car has possibly something wrong with a sensor. When we turn it off we can’t turn it on until it decides. Lovely. Anyway, we made it home, and are hoping to get it fixed before we head back Friday.

It’s so nice to be home finally. I only wish Joslyn could have come back with us. This has been the longest time away from Kylyn since she was born, so wow, has this been hard for me. I’m VERY glad to be home with her, and it’s going to be hard sending her home Sunday. I am happy though to have a full day with her here at home and a few days with her down in Fargo.

Zack and I can’t bring her into the NICU so we will be taking turns going to see Joslyn, and entertaining Kylyn. The hospital also offers a free sibling class where a counselor type person will spend some time with her playing and uses dolls, pictures, examples etc to explain to Kylyn what’s going on with her sister at 2yr old level. It should help her understand why she can’t see Joslyn right away. Hopefully it will go well, and that the trip will be helpful to her, and Zack and I. We are really excited!

Joslyn is doing well. She is off the Dopamine completely now. She is now getting some caffeine to stimulate her a bit, earlier today she was still on the vent, but was breathing over it a little. They hoped to wake her up more with the caffeine and lack of sedatives to see if she could breathe without a ventilator and with the use of CPAP.

As of now she is off the vent, the breathing tube is OUT and she is officially on CPAP. They attempted to excavate her at 7pm and she didn’t take well to it, so they left the tube in, but had it out by 10:30pm. They have upped her feedings through the feeding tube to 10ml every 3 hours, and she is taking them well. She is looking more and more comfortable in the isolate.

We are calling the station for updates regularly, as they are calling us. We cant wait to go back, and see her again.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP