Well, I finally decided to keep track of the things I experience as a mom of a 3 year old, and a baby under 1 year. I used to journal alot, but with a toddler, then moving out of our town home, into my parents home until we closed on our house in June etc....Well, somewhere in the midst of it all my journaling abilities fell short. I decided to make it more fun, so maybe I will remind myself to do it more. I decided to create my first ever pregnancy blog, which is now just a blog where I can blog about being a mommy from being pregnant, to the issues we had with Joslyns first few weeks in this world, to just being a mommy with two beautiful girls! I hope you enjoy! Chelsie

HOME!!

>> Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Joslyn was unable to e discharged Monday due to no weight gain, and a cough that concerned the doctors a bit, but after being evaluated Monday evening the cough seemed to be less and less concerning. Just seemed to be getting too excited for food when being fed and wouldn't stop to take a few breaths. We worked with it, and we have seemed to correct it OK. It was now just an issue of her weight. In a very short amount of time she was loosing alot of weight. She was being fed on demand 60-70mls of breastmilk via bottle, and still continued to drop until Tuesday...she gained 2gms, and with that we were sent home. She did wonderful in her carseat on the way home, and slept of course the entire way. We stopped in Grandforks to wake her up, feed her, and eat ourselves. We arrived home close to 4pm.

Joslyn was welcomed by her auntie Noelle, and sister Kylyn as we walked in the door, and later by her other auntie Brooke. They all love her of course. Kylyn is especially excited over her. A little jealous and having a hard time not being the center of every ones attention 24/7 anymore, but thats something we will deal with day by day Im sure. Jealous or not, shes happy to finally see her baby sister. She wanted to hold her right away, and did wonderful. Kylyn is my little helper. :) -- right along with her live in auntie Brooke. Later Tuesday night my mom, and sister Noelle brought us over super, and my mom met her for the very first time. Even later that night my mom and dad brought over a few groceries, and my dad got to meet Joslyn for the first time. Then we said our good byes and good nights.

Joslyn is a very good baby at night. Just like her sister Kylyn. I HAVE to wake her up though every 3-4hours to feed her because of her weight issues, ut as soon as we are clear of that - her weight is being checked 2x a wk for 2wks - we're sleeping till she decides. Some parents really are strict on feedings, waking them up even if they would sleep a bit longer before waking up on their own to be fed...I am not that way. So shes a good sleeper and I love it. Shes also an awesome eater, sometimes a stubborn burper, but all around and amazing baby girl, whom I adore.

Today is our first full day home. Shes done wonderful. We cant wait to see how her weight check is tomorrow, and hope to only hear good news on her health checks from here on out!

Thank you to all those who have remembered our family especially our little Joslyn in your prayers. She was -> this <- close to a heart/lung bi pass surgery... but turned the corner just in time. She is now a happy healthy baby girl at home with her auntie, sister, mommy, and daddy. God is so good. Thank you to all his servants!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP